Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd

This is a novel about an actor turned soldier turned undercover agent during World War I. It is also a spy novel which I understood. Whilst this is all well and good for me, I imagine that those readers with a bit more political nous may find the simplicity of the narrative a little dull. I enjoyed the plot which I found gripping and engrossing but as I say, I am one of those people who got lost after the first 4 words of Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.

The writing is very good, particularly the unusually natural dialogue, so this book is readable and enjoyable whatever your views on the story line. For me, the characters let this down slightly as they are a little too extreme to be truly believable. Nevertheless, a good spy thriller which is worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.