Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Sunday 10 April 2011

Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre

I am very late to this book but I don't really regret the delay. It is a very masculine book, and - a bit like Starter for Ten - I felt I was missing most of the humour because I couldn't really relate to the main character. The writing is very good and the plot is very clever. It is frighteningly easy to imagine the prejudices and unfortunate coincidences which conspire to put Vernon into a dangerous position. The style of the writing means you have to concentrate and really focus on the dialogue so it's not really a beach read. I didn't fall in love with this novel but it is an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.