Book Count (since 1 January 2012)

Book Count (since 1 January 2014): 30

Saturday 28 August 2010

Evening is the Whole Day by Preeta Samarasan

Very much enjoyed this book which reminded me of The God of Small Things. The writing is similar. It takes a bit of time to get into the dialogue because the English is written as it would be spoken by the characters, who are Malaysian, so the language is not British-English. But it is worth persevering as the writing is very clever (although not so clever that it is incomprehensible to normal people).

Having said all that, I feel obliged to warn my two readers that I am not sure they would like it. It isn’t really a boys book (sorry Andy) and it requires quite a lot of concentration (no offense Mum). So whilst I really enjoyed it I am not actually sure who else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.